Joanie Abdu Comprehensive Breast Care Center
Phone: 330-480-2555 ~ To schedule a mammogram: 330-480-2654
The Joanie Abdu Comprehensive Breast Care Center (JACBCC) was created to deliver the most accurate prevention, early detection, diagnosis and support services available in an environment of compassionate and coordinated care.
Who Should Have a Mammogram?
With an early diagnosis and timely treatment plan, women with breast cancer can have excellent outcomes. Beginning at age 40, women should have a yearly mammogram. If you have certain risk factors, your doctor may suggest you have a mammogram more often. Monthly breast self-examinations and an annual breast physical examination by your health care provider are also important to good breast health.
Complete Diagnostic Breast Care Services
We strive to lessen the anxiety of uncertainty by providing the most rapid screening and diagnostic results possible.
We provide the entire spectrum of diagnostic breast care services:
- Screening and diagnostic digital mammography
- Nuclear Medicine (breast specific imaging)
- Needle localizations
- Biopsy services including stereotactic, MRI biopsies, ultrasound guided core biopsies, cyst and fine needle aspirations
- Bone density testing
We implement an interdisciplinary approach for patients diagnosed with cancer by reviewing each case in a weekly breast care conference by oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, surgeons and palliative medicine specialists to determine the optimum plan of care.
Breast Health Navigators
Breast cancer is a disease best fought with the support of breast health navigators. The breast health navigators provide education and support for decision-making when you need it most. But more importantly, they serve as a compassionate and knowledgeable guide, steering you through an often overwhelming process. From diagnosis to treatment, and everything in between, the breast health navigators:
• Guide patients through the diagnosis process
• Provide emotional support and one-on-one education
• Explain clinical information and treatment options in everyday language
• Coordinate appointments and referrals to other medical and support services when appropriate
• Serve as a patient advocate
** Meet Jill Townsend, JACBCC Breast Health Navigator
Other Coordinated Services
In additions to the diagnostic services offered at the JACBCC, the following services are also available to each patient:
• Genetics and fertility counseling
• Plastic and reconstructive surgery
• Psychological support services
• Physical therapy
• Home care and home medical equipment services
• Palliative and hospice care
• Advanced imaging such as bone scans, CT scans and PET/CT scans
• Clinical trial enrollment
• Support groups