HMHP Blood Bank
You Can Make a Difference - Donate Blood Today!
Did You Know?
- Every day in the United States, blood is needed in hospitals and emergency treatment facilities to care for patients with cancer and other diseases, for organ transplant recipients, and to help save the lives of accident and trauma victims.
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed each day.
- Blood can be separated into at least three components: red blood cells, plasma, platelets.
- Just one blood donation can help save up to three lives.
- In an emergency, anyone can receive type O negative red blood cells, and type AB individuals can receive red blood cells of any ABO group. Therefore, people with type O negative blood are known as “universal donors.”
About Humility of Mary Health Partners Blood Donor Services
When you donate through HMHP Blood Donor Services, it stays here, in the community.
Through the help of our generous volunteer blood donors, we have not had to cancel surgeries at St. Elizabeth, St. Elizabeth Boardman or St. Joseph health centers during a blood donor shortage.
Platelet Apheresis Program
HMHP Blood Donor Services collect blood at our two donor room locations: St. Elizabeth Health Center, Youngstown, Ohio and St. Elizabeth Boardman Health Center, Boardman, Ohio.
Donating Blood is Easy!
Schedule an appointment online to donate blood
or call (330) 480-2595 for an appointment.