Medical Education at St. Elizabeth Health CenterThank you for your interest in residency programs at St. Elizabeth.
St. Elizabeth offers the advantages of a large metropolitan hospital with the individual attention that will help you develop to your full potential.
Offering an exciting graduate and undergraduate training experience filled with extensive opportunities to challenge and stimulate you throughout your education.
At St. Elizabeth's we believe that the principles of academic medicine coupled with strong compassionate care define the profession of medicine. Our residency programs are guided by experienced and dedicated faculty who provide a stimulating educational, clinical and academic environment.
- St. Elizabeth is licensed for 550 short-term, 30 long term, and 60 newborn beds.
- St. Elizabeth Health Center is the region's only Level I Trauma Center.
- A surgery department featuring leading edge technology supports St. Elizabeth's advanced surgical, heart and vascular, orthopedic, neurology and maternity services.
- On-campus ambulatory clinics in freestanding facilities.
- Newly renovated and enlarged Emergency Department.
- Cardiac and Vascular Health Center building.
- Active research department with full time Director and research nurses.
- Wound Care Center with multi-disciplinary staff.
- Fully accredited Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Dental,General Surgery and Transitional Residencies.
St. Elizabeth's Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Transitional and Dental residency programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education, American Dental Association and collaborate closely with the American Osteopathic Association approved residency and undergraduate programs at St. Joseph Health Center.
Please contact us with any questions or for more information.
Department of Medical Education
St. Elizabeth Health Center
1044 Belmont Avenue
Youngstown, OH 44501-1790